Categories
New Products


Meltonian Shoe Cream


Meltonian Shoe Cream

Company History
Warkov-Safeer Leather Ltd. has a proud record of 85 years of service in the shoe care and shoe findings industry in Canada.
   
Founded in Winkler, Manitoba in 1930 by Warkov brothers Jacob, Mendel and Morris, as well as their brother-in-law, Barney Safeer, the company began as a leather and findings supplier to the harness and shoe repair trade.
 
After moving to Winnipeg in 1935, the business relocated to Selkirk Avenue in Winnipeg's North-End. In 1939, Larry Usiskin became an employee. During the war, the company moved to King St. and Bannatyne Avenue where Warkov-Safeer developed a devoted clientele and expanded to meet the needs of a growing industry.
 
In 1969, Larry Usiskin took over the ownership of the company. Larry's son, Mike Usiskin, joined the firm in 1984 and became a partner upon Larry's retirement in 1995. In 1998, Arnie Usiskin joined his brother Mike as co-partners.
 

Currently centred in Winnipeg's historic Exchange District at 462 Hargrave Street, Warkov-Safeer has expanded to a prominent position in the industry by becoming a full-service distributor and a wholesaler to all of Canada. The company maintains an inventory of over 5000 items, which includes an extensive range of quality shoe care & shoe repair supplies, shoe-related prosthetic & orthotic materials, and a large diversity of high-quality leathers.

Continue
Quick Find
Use keywords to find the product you are looking for.
Advanced Search
Information